Thursday, October 10, 2013

Burt's Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream Review

Burt's Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream:
Mouthwash For Your Face

Well... hey! It's been eons since my last beauty post. [Insert frownie face]. With a new job that's 80% travel, I just flat out don't have the time or energy to keep up with this. But, it's all about enjoying it and not becoming a chore, right? Well, just today I was reading my FAVORITE beauty blog and felt inspired to re-enter the blogosphere with a review of one of my new fave things.

{Next to watch out for...? A giveaway! I've got a real good 'un cooking up for ya!}

A friend who's aware of my pitiful product obsession and attempt at detoxing my beauty ritual with natural products enabled my problem with this gift: Burt's Bees Deep Cleansing Cream ($8). When she excitedly gave it to me, the best way she knew to describe it was to say "it's like mouthwash for your face... in a good way." I thought it was an odd statement until I used it... She's so right!

When I told her the next day what a refreshing experience it was she said with a proud glint in her eye, "You're going to review that one on that blog, aren't you?!?" I chuckled... but here I am!

Burt's Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream: Mouthwash For Your Face

If you've read my "I've gone MINT-al" post, you know that I'm a huge fan of all things effervescent. This definitely feeds into that fixation and then some.

Instead of my typical gel or foaming cleanser, it is a legit cream. Upon first application I almost felt like a "mature" woman using a cold cream (trying to be real PC here...), but then it started to sing (no - not a typo; it says "sing" not "sting") and pleasantly tingle. Then I knew what my friend was raving about!

After you pat your skin dry, it just keeps on singing and tangibly glowing. Another plus - it's not drying at all. I have oily skin, so I was concerned it'd be too moisturizing, but it was just right.

Burt's Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream: Mouthwash For Your Face

I even enjoy the experience more when using it with my Olay Professional Facial Cleansing Brush. The combination of the menthol, rosemary, chamomile and lemon with the exfoliating brush makes my skin happy! It's like a spa facial, and it's so energizing. I love to spin brush my way into wakefulness in my AM shower.

Oh, and just look at these great ingredients! You can't go wrong with Burt's... so many good things all in one bottle, and even the fragrance is natural.

Burt's Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream: Mouthwash For Your Face

I especially love the absence of parabens, propylene glycol, SLS and phthalates. If you don't know why I care, I'd suggest a little research on toxicity in beauty products to help you make more informed decisions about what you're putting on the largest organ of your body!

Burt's Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream: Mouthwash For Your Face

The only con (and I see this with most of the natural cleansers I've used: Pacifica and Jason as two examples) is it doesn't remove all my makeup. I am still trying to find the best way to cleanse my face with natural cleansers. I'm either cleansing twice or using my Klorane Cornflower Water Makeup Remover I bought with my Birchbox points before the cleanser.

Ultimately, I'd say this is a winner and almost definitely a repurchase. I would never have picked this out for myself, but that's the fun of trying new products! 

What about you? Is this something you'd normally use? Do you use any natural cleansers that cut through the makeup? Or what products have you tried that were out of your norm?





4 comments:

  1. So I'm having trouble finding a god product for my skin... pimples everywhere! You think it would be good.... ? I have mixed skin but nite on the oily side... help me sis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hun! I hear ya... I still struggle with adult acne. I'm learning that it's not so much about products as it's about the health of your body internally. I've been reading books on skin health & I'm learning that hormones, liver function, kidney function, digestion, etc are all the ultimate factors in skin health.

      Here are the things that I've begun to change and have seen some improvement from:
      **Drinking 8-10 cups of spring H2O a day, green tea, more vegetables, less sugar and carbs, etc. I've seen some improvement since, but I'm not being as consistent. (I haven't had any type of soda since before May!)
      **It's more about consistency w/ products than the products themselves. (I do suggest natural products with the minimum amount of toxins). Since I've been MAKING myself wash & moisturize my face every night I've seen improvement, too. I've always been terrible at going to sleep with makeup on.
      **I mixed a bottle of water and tea tree oil drops in a bottle of water and spritz my pillow case before bed to kill any bacteria. (Found the "recipe" on pinterest)
      **Change sheets weekly (or at least the pillow case)
      **Wash brushes and makeup sponges weekly (I use 3 parts natural dish detergent (Meyers) and 1 part EVOO.
      **Origins clay mask twice a week. (Cheaper options are masks at drug stores by Burt's Bees & Yes To).

      I know that's a lot, but sometimes just one or two of them can make a huge difference! Hope that helped & I love you :)

      P.S. Thanks for reading and commenting, too!

      Delete

  2. Thank you so much! That did the trick, you saved me more endless hours of searching for a fix.

    Soap Free Cleanser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tara,

    I bought this product for the minty freshness as well, but recently I've heard that alcohol can be very damaging for the skin in many ways. I also found during my research that there are good fatty alcohols and detrimental ones. Are you able to comment on this at all? I see several types of alcohol is this cleanser.

    ReplyDelete